This Saturday, August 29, we welcomed, two days ahead of schedule, the magnificent sailing boats of the Corsica Classic. Saint-Florent was the last stage of this regatta of old rigging with a race in the Gulf of Saint-Florent on Tuesday 1st September.
Saturday, August 29, 2020:
- 10H30: wind storm announced, the organizer in consultation with the participants makes the decision not to stop at Bastia and Maccinaggio but to arrive directly at the port of Saint-Florent.
- 21H: the sailing boats, accompanied by the historic yacht “Blue Bird of 1938” have arrived in good port and are moored at the dock of honor.
Sunday, August 30, 2020:
- 10H00: Briefing on the quay, once again strong wind announced, the sailboats stay at the quay and can be admired all day at the Quai d’Honneur.
Monday, August 31, 2020:
- 11h00: Briefing on the quay, then departure for a first regatta in the gulf.
- 19H00: an aperitif is offered by the municipality to each crew. Each tray is delivered directly to the boats to avoid crowds and comply with COVID-19 measures.
Tuesday 1st September 2020:
- 11h00: departure from the port for the first sailing boats
- 12H00: departure of the regatta in the Gulf of Saint-Florent
- 21H00: announcement of the results and award ceremony at the foot of our majestic citadel under a blazing pink sunset. All participants of the regatta and volunteers are invited to take part in the chefs’ dinner. In order to comply with health regulations, crews are grouped by table.
- To see all the results, visit the Corsica Classic website