This Saturday 31 August took place the arrival of the magnificent sailing boats of the Corsica Classic in Saint-Florent. For its 10 years, Saint-Florent was the last stage of this regatta of old rigs with a race in the Gulf of Saint-Florent on Sunday 1st September. Back in pictures on this event placed under the sign of environmental protection.
Saturday 31 August 2019:
- 16H30: setting up stands for better environmental management and preparation of the buffet offered by the municipality, on the main wharf. Many visitors were interviewed by the teams of the Marine Park of the Cap Corse and the Agriate, the Écogestes Méditerranée campaign and the Alien Corse network, Corsican Blue Project and Water Family.
- During the last 3 days of the Corsica Classic, at the initiative of the port of Saint-Florent, the associations Corsican Blue Project and Waterfamily carried out an anti-pollution mission using a trawl loan from the association Océanoplastic.
- To learn more about their work, click on the video below 👇👇
- 18H30: arrival of the first sailboats on the main wharf 👇👇
- 21H30: the berth of honor is complete with the arrival of the two last ships Hygie and Telstar👇👇
Sunday 1st September 2019:
- 10H00: Briefing on the quay before the departure of the regatta in the Gulf of Saint-Florent. The participants of the Pink Regatta are also welcomed on each boat for a moment of relaxation, thanks to the association SOS Breast Cancer👇👇
- 11H00: departure from port for the first sailboats 👇👇
- 12H00: departure of the regatta in the Gulf of Saint-Florent👇👇
- 19H00 : All the participants of the regatta and the volunteers are invited to take part in the buffet offered by the municipality, all in music with a group of Corsican singers. Then announce the results and award ceremony before the meal on the esplanade of the citadel 👇👇
- To find all the results, go to the website of the Corsica Classic.